Hungary: Lidl celebrated its 15th anniversary
Discount Retail Chain Lidl is already 16 years present in Hungary, opening its first stores in 2004. Right now the discounter has 3 logistics centres and 182 stores, and it employs more than 6,000 people.
Did you know that:
- almost 60 percent of the products available in Lidl stores are supplied by Hungarian partners.
- in 2019 Lidl exported Hungarian wines in the value of more than $17 million – this represented nearly 30 percent of the country’s total bottled wine export.
- Lidl has made a pledge to reduce the salt and sugar content of private label products by 20 percent until 2025.
- At the end of last year, Lidl rolled out 100-percent plant-based meat alternatives: Next Level Meat products are vegan and climate-friendly.
- In the last few years, Lidl donated about $1 million for improving the living conditions of several thousand families and children.
Click on image for more: